BlendLine Kart Series - Registration Now Open!
Author: BlendLine Events, Photo/Video: BlendLine Magazine
BlendLine is pleased to invite competitors to the inaugural BLKS (BlendLine Kart Series) for 2021. The series has been created to provide a low cost, competitive and above all – enjoyable - championship for 2021, using rental karts at a hand selected group of circuits. The kart tracks we have chosen have agreed to welcome BLKS to use their circuit and facilities. The championship is organised with no direct financial profit in mind for BlendLine Apparel, in fact we are happy to be supporting the championship by donating prizes to successful drivers. The regulations below are devised to answer any questions competitors may have, and to ensure a level playing field for all entrants.
- Blendline Apparel will organise and promote the 2021 BLKS championship which incorporates a single class of rental kart with no sub classes or divisions.
- The series is open to anybody over the age of 16.
- The series will consist of 4 rounds at 4 different circuits.
- Each round will vary in format slightly, due to differing circuit schedules, however all rounds will consist of a practice session, qualifying session(s) and multiple heats or races. The final(s) will determine championship points allocation.
- The allocation of points is decided by results of the final.
- The circuit organiser’s decision on results is final.
- Kart specifications will vary from circuit to circuit, if a competitor has a query as to the condition of a/their kart they must speak to a representative from the circuit and the circuit decision is final.
- Karts will not be “weighted”.
Points allocation per round will be determined by finishing position in the final as follows:
1st 25 points
2nd 18 points
3rd 15 points
4th 12 points
5th 10 points
6th 8 points
7th 6 points
8th 4 points
The achiever of the fastest lap (where circuit lap timing allows) in the final will be awarded 3 championship points, regardless of their finishing position.
Entrants best 3 scores across 4 rounds will count to the final championship standings. Awards:
Podium finishers at all rounds will be awarded a trophy, and the driver to take fastest lap will also win a prize where applicable. Refer to point 6. in general regulations.
There is no registration fee for the championship, but each competitor must contact the championship co-ordinator on email@example.com so you can be emailed relevant info such as timings for each event. Please tag @blend_line and #blendlinekartseries on social media channels when posting about the races!
Entry fees vary slightly due to fluctuation of circuit hire costs. The fee is to be paid directly to the circuit using their preferred payment method, 1 month prior to each event. Entry may not be considered without payment prior to the event, this is at the discretion of each circuit. The cost for each round is determined by the circuit based on a group booking for a Grand Prix event or similar. If you have any questions regarding the championship or would like to enter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Round 1: Herefordshire Raceway – Sunday April 25th 2021 1400hrs (*date just added*) - entry fee £49 per driver
(Lower Hurst, Weobley, Herefordshire, HR4 8QY, 01544 318334) (payment by March 25th)
- Round 2: Kinsham Raceway – Sunday May 30th 2021
(The Barn, Lower Kinsham, Presteigne, Powys, LD8 2HN, 01544 267006) (payment by Apr 30th)
- Round 3: Llandow – Sunday July 25th 2021 (Subject to circuit approval)
(South Wales Karting Centre, Llandow Ciruit, Cowbridge, CF71 7FP, 01446 795568) (payment by June 25th)
- Round 4: Glan y Gors – Sunday Sept 26th 2021 (Subject to circuit approval)
(GYG, Cerrig y Drudion, Corwen, Conwy, LL21 0RU, 01490 420770) (Payment by Aug 26th)
Update (27th March): we are pleased to have confirmed Herefordshire Raceway as round 1 of the series on the above date.
Also following questions from a few competitors, wearing own (full face) helmets and overalls are encouraged but will be made available from the circuits should they be required.
Drivers who have emailed us to show interest will be contacted 2 weeks prior to round 1 to arrange pre-payment and be given arrival times for each event. It is not too late to register!
Round 1 is able to run in line with the latest COVID 19 restrictions (April 12th) regarding formally organised outdoor sports. Competitors must adhere to all social distancing requirements set by the circuit and ensure a face covering is worn at any time where you are required to go indoors.
We would like to thank BlendLine Apparel and Allycat Wheels for their support of merchandise for prizes throughout the series.